Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Follow Up Post Surgery

We had a little trouble with posts from Peter's ipad, but working from the laptop now.  That's why they seem out of orderl

We had time for a quick meal, and of course the hospital called while I was finishing.  I dashed back to the hospital while the girls and Matt finished up, and sprinted up to the 3rd floor.

Peter is amazing!  He is in little to no pain thanks to the epidural, and he was talking up a blue streak and cracking jokes.  The girls got to see him, too.

After coming into the room and staring at Peter for a few minutes I looked up at the nurse and asked her name, and before she could answer I realized I knew it...Laurie Hanigan, whose daughter, Gracie, was in Pony Club with Amanda.

Laurie was super, explaining all kinds of things to me and promising that she wouldn't let him go up on the floor (private room) until she was sure he was good and ready to go up to the floor.  I like that!

But she just called and apparently he is ready.  I had a nice bath and a little while to stretch out, and am going to walk back over.  It is nice to be so close.  I have to get up early to be there when Dr. D'Amico makes his rounds.

Lots of little posts today.  Later I'll tell you about all the people we've run into that we know up here.

Thanks, ya'll.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning beautiful :) so glad to read all is well. Let us know what you need. Xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! To do so, choose your email server as "profile." If you have AOL. choose AIM or choose anonymous if nothing else works...but be sure to leave your name! Your comments will not show up immediately. Thanks.