Friday, March 16, 2012

Recovery Day 3 - Midday

Let me begin by following the excellent advice of a good friend in the medical profession who urges me to focus on the positive.  I will say that the care here has been, overall, excellent.   My friend says that for four things done wrong there are hundreds and thousands done right...so many that I couldn't even imagine, and I believe him.

Peter has had a wonderful nurse two days in a row--Stephanie-- and feels in good hands.  Last night's nurse, Virginia, kept in touch with me so that I felt good  to go home for the first time and come in a little later this morning. I am usually a "glass half full" type of person, but the fear and anxiety of the past few days (months!) do take a toll.

Today has been great so far.  Things just seem under control overall.  Peter walked 9 laps (half a mile) right off the bat when I got here this morning.  Take a look at the chart: 




I just checked the math and, yes, 18 laps make a mile. He is walking with Jessie right now, and perhaps Amanda can follow him around this evening.  Here' the walker: 

And Jessie pushing the pole:

If Peter were in street clothes he wouldn't look sick at all.  His pain is under control, and everyone is waiting for his "gut to wake up," but  they say it isn't oversleeping.

We had a long friendly visit from PA Scott Balderson and I asked him, "Scott, when can I take a deep breath and say "whew?"  He told me that he thought I could do that right now, and I felt tears of relief pushing behind my eyeballs.  There are a lot more days ahead, but this one is very good.


1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord for all the good things.

    Chris and Watty

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! To do so, choose your email server as "profile." If you have AOL. choose AIM or choose anonymous if nothing else works...but be sure to leave your name! Your comments will not show up immediately. Thanks.