Wednesday, March 21, 2012

RECOVERY - Day 8, The Farm Report and More

Since Peter must rest his voice, we've relied more on email than ever.  I've had two from him so far this morning.  One confirmed that he'd had an OK night and he would like a change of scene, and the other reported that he'd walked 8 laps (almost half a mile) solo.  That's a first.  Let's hope for a patch of blue skies and a pass from his doctor to go outside today.

And on the home front I was pretty sure I'd captured the feed room wrecker because I could hear our hound dog baying all night...fortunately not too loudly over the soothing racket of our attic fan.  Sure enough, there was a raccoon in the cage.






Finally, those of you who have followed my columns over the years, or have followed me around know that our daughter Jessie is an expert at finding four-leaf clovers, and I've apprenticed with her a bit.  They're more abundant than most would guess, and they do seem to cluster somewhat.  I found two this morning.
I hope that these are an indication of a good day unfolding.

3 comments:

  1. I was traveling all last week so I'm playing catchup. Such good news that the surgery went well. I can totally empathize with the whole hospital scenario, the constant changing of the nursing staff, trying to be ever vigilant with all the different hospital personnel that are part of the care team, wanting to always be there but knowing you need your rest too, and the 2-steps forward, 1-step back routine. Stay strong cuz even at that rate you are constantly making progress and will be heading home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the...! Sally and I spent an hour on a walk Sunday perusing three different patches and came up empty. Sally claims she can always find some, but I'm leery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't found any around Duke, despite an abundance of clover everywhere. Keep looking and I will, too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! To do so, choose your email server as "profile." If you have AOL. choose AIM or choose anonymous if nothing else works...but be sure to leave your name! Your comments will not show up immediately. Thanks.