Wednesday, March 21, 2012

RECOVERY - Day 8, Sunshine, Lost

Wednesday 03/21/2012

Tonight was the first time I lost my car, and I guess I am surprised it took this long.  It took me over half an hour to find it, even though I could here the horn beep when I pressed the button on the key.  And when I found it I swear it was right where I had been looking.  The gradual climb of the floors of the parking deck is confusing.  It was a long end of a longer day, but good exercise.

Wanted to report that we did make it to the great outdoors this afternoon, but I had to keep asking for permission.  As we rode the elevator down from the third floor I realized that I had my car keys in my pocket, and had an urge to just load Peter up and go, but decided that wasn't a good idea.  Since I couldn't find the car, it would have been terrible.


Peter was able to walk "untethered," and enjoyed a good sit in a spot of sun in the courtyard (above, from another day), and then a walk down the sunny hallway that connects the clinics with the hospital. 



Earlier in the day I turned his chair around to face the window.  When he asked me what road that was (Erwin), I was startled to realize how closed-in his world has been for the past 8 days.  The brief escape was good, I think.  I hope we can repeat it tomorrow.

In your prayers and wishes and vibes, think "movement." His systems are sluggish, and are slowing everything else, like plans to get him home.

When Peter wanted a mirror to shave today it occurred to me to use the camera on his iPad.  Worked like a charm.

Thank you all for your cards.  Peter enjoys reading them.  Since he can't talk, still no visitors.  That time will come.  Thank you all for everything. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, again, for making me a part of this process, as that is important to me. I am thinking movement and it helps to picture the ocean...constant movement. I will say prayers also. I know Peter loved being out, and I am so glad the weather was agreeable. Find a huge red bow and put it on the top of your antennae when you park your car! I have done the same, and you do get a bit of a frantic feeling. The yard did look great...you and Peter are blessed with so many wonderful friends.

    Love you,
    Your sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. The great outdoors, even just outside the hospital, is good medicine indeed. Prayers continue for recovery and some action where it is needed :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! To do so, choose your email server as "profile." If you have AOL. choose AIM or choose anonymous if nothing else works...but be sure to leave your name! Your comments will not show up immediately. Thanks.