Thursday, March 29, 2012

RECOVERY - WEEK 3, Thursday

03-29-12

I am at the same place I was last night--- Oh yeah.  I haven't posted anything today. 

What I can report is that there seem to be incremental improvements each day.  The night was better.  I put some melatonin into the tube flush at bedtime, and I can confess that now since I told the oncology nurse today.  Peter isn't on any other meds, so there is nothing to interact with except himself.

That and the other tactics (no iPad, meditation) seem to have made for a better night.  Not perfect, but heading in the right direction if we can keep it going.

And he stayed busy again today...a road trip to the dump (which was closed), a stop by Underwoods for gas for the lawnmower (some sense of normalcy), and several walks, one with Joe, and another with Holli (who helps keep the barn running).

The vet came today for spring shots.  I sprayed weeds, dragged the arena, and Holli and I went for a run.  Now I have to write a column for the Chapel Hill Herald and right now I have no opinion about anything (very rare for me!).

If you're up for a visit, I think we're getting to that place.  Peter still has no voice, so you have to work on asking yes or no questions and doing most of the talking.  Taking him somewhere might be good.  His days need to be busy so he'll stay awake and sleep at night.  Come take a walk with him.

Best to communicate through email.  If you don't have his address, send a note here and I'll get back to you.

Thanks for keeping up with this saga. 

Susan

1 comment:

  1. What's peter's email? I'd like to email him directly!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! To do so, choose your email server as "profile." If you have AOL. choose AIM or choose anonymous if nothing else works...but be sure to leave your name! Your comments will not show up immediately. Thanks.