Tuesday, March 13, 2012

LAST NEWS OF THE DAY

They moved Peter to his room about 10:30 and I walked over to see him.  He'd had them call me to bring his glasses, but he didn't need them right away.  He keeps saying that he has no pain and is amazed by that.  He had me read him his emails and all the responses to the blog and then, just like at home he said, "I am going to sleep now."  And that's what he did.  I talked to his nurse (Tia) and came on back.  He's on the wing with heart and lung transplant patients, so they're used to watching closely.

I stopped to get something out of my car and was grateful to see an unopened bag of blue corn chips in there.  Duke is such a food desert, and my dinner  (at Six Plates) was hurried and small.  I sure could use a cold beer to go with these chips, but I just didn't have the energy to get in the car and go anywhere.

Here are a few pictures from the day.  I was SO happy that the "Vegetables of the Day" sign was still up in the cafeteria.  Notice Thursday.

Jessie kept moving with the sun.

The sky was stunning all day.

The link to reality.

Thursday's Vegetable of the Day is...

It really is spring

And I do think that the beauty of the warm day and the nice courtyard made the afternoon wait so much better.  Here are a few pictures for you.


Now the watch is for pneumonia which would be caused by aspiration since everything from just below Peter's throat has been re-arranged.  He was thirsty, but can only have these little sponge suckers that don't have enough moisture to swallow.  He can't have anything by mouth for quite a few days, and will have to be extremely careful for several weeks.

Since I want to be up early to see Dr. D'Amico on rounds, "I am going to sleep now."  But unlike Peter, it will take me a while to get there.

Thanks again to everyone.

Susan

4 comments:

  1. Cheering for y'all, and hoping Peter wakes up (or woke up, if nurses have already been through for early morning temperature checks...) cheerful and comfortable today!
    - Jeannette Ford

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope this AM finds you and Peter rested and ready for whatever today brings! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to know that it's over and now the recovery can begin! We're staying in touch via the blog. Sending positive vibes your way. -Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mozzerella sticks! Love it and can't believe the sign is still up! We're all sending love! :) ~Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! To do so, choose your email server as "profile." If you have AOL. choose AIM or choose anonymous if nothing else works...but be sure to leave your name! Your comments will not show up immediately. Thanks.