Wednesday, March 28, 2012

RECOVERY - Week 3, Wednesday

03-28-12

I suppose we can start counting the weeks now, instead of the days.  Surgery was on a Tuesday, the 13th.

I thought I'd written something this a.m. and wouldn't need to write tonight.  Darn.  I am tired, but not sleepy.  I think you call this weary.

I think last night was a little better, but not sure Peter would agree.  We came up with some other sleep tactics and hope they work tonight.  I am trying to stay awake long enough to add more formula and get myself to bed.  We have one of the larger formula bags tonight, so I should be able to sleep through for once.  No alarms last night, thankfully.


We kept Peter pretty busy and awake all day, and allowed him one 30 minute nap this afternoon.  He walked a lot, and did stretching exercises with Joe and meditation with me.  I see small improvements in everything but his mood.

Now has a chair in the bedroom and a plan to get up and read if he can't sleep.  No iPad within reach.

Hopefully we'll be home more tomorrow and I can write more.  Our big plan for the day is a trip to the dump with the garbage and recycling.

SG




2 comments:

  1. I would imagine Peter is just going to be cranky. I would be, too. We can all swear for him, I will be sure to curse a little extra today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could snap my fingers or twitch my nose and help Peter feel better. I think some times, we have to almost force ourselves out of a huge slump. I am going to think on this. OH! I have it! I have to use a physical gesture to improve a mental block. For instance, once I put a piece of masking tape on the floor and then pictured the bright sun and blue sky and freedom on the other side of the tape, and then I pictured the side of tape I was standing on as dark and unhappy and rather like a prison. Of course I wanted to let go and step over that line (tape) and be free, but I found it amazing that I had a bit of a problem not just "stepping over." That is when I realized that often we get comfortable where we are, even it it is not the best place to be. Maybe you should do that with Peter, just to help him over this slump he is in. Some can do this mentally, but I have to do it with some image. Hug Peter for me!!! And, give yourself a bit pat on the back.

    Love,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! To do so, choose your email server as "profile." If you have AOL. choose AIM or choose anonymous if nothing else works...but be sure to leave your name! Your comments will not show up immediately. Thanks.