Saturday, January 25, 2014

LOVESTEAD

"Lovestead" is the river house owned by Peter's college buddies Scott and Laurie Loveless.  He's there with Scott and their other college roommate - Marty Ellin.  Below are a couple of pictures from an earlier trip which included another friend, Jeff Johnson.














Peter just called and reports "feeling great" and "90%." 

And here is Marty's report via email just now: 
Susan- good morning. A quick report- to me, Peter is only about 100% better than this time yesterday. Pneumonia effects fading, surely- immune system kicking in and antibiotics gaining ground. And maybe also a slight emotional lift at being with old friends. But he is lively and playful and ate well and Scott and I are exchanging happy glances. 

Knew you would want know. M

Peter always said that laughter could cure him, and Marty and Scott can surely make him laugh.  They have serious talks, too.  Peter says this is an unusual friendship, and I'd agree.  They go so far back and have been through so much together.

Just wanted to share the good news.  I am getting caught up on some of my work with my little home business, Farmstead Health Supply.  The wind is finding all the cracks in our old house, but the big black stove is belching out the heat, and hauling the wood keeps me warm, too.  Peter and Geoff Hathaway had maxed out the storage space for wood in the house and porch, so I won't need to haul a load until later today.  I do enjoy it, though.

Take care!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! To do so, choose your email server as "profile." If you have AOL. choose AIM or choose anonymous if nothing else works...but be sure to leave your name! Your comments will not show up immediately. Thanks.