Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Awake!

[BY SUSAN]

The snow is accumulating outside and, without TV, I am left to wonder how much is landing everywhere else.  Our friend Betty Whitehead gave me some tips on air travel to the Philadelphia area, and I went ahead and booked Peter a refundable ticket for Friday on the hopes that he can make it.  See the previous post for the back-up plans.

I was worried at how much was sleeping (and not eating) but the rest seems to have done some good, as he got up for a while, ate, caught up on a few things, visited with Jessie, and finally went back to bed not TOO much earlier than he usually does.  It made me more hopeful.

I am enjoying all the outside work and getting strong by shoveling so much manure and lifting so much firewood.  We're cozy and I hope you are, too.  I got out all the cold-weather gear and double-blanketed some of the horses (with neck warmers!), and brought others in (the barn, not the house).  Dogs and cats are in the house, though. 

Tomorrow feels like a snow day, even though I won't be "off" of anything and will, in fact, have extra work because of the storm.  Still, it feels like I have permission to sit and knit a lot. 

Thanks for all your messages.  He actually started reading some of them today.  Email still best for now. 

Susan


3 comments:

  1. So glad that Peter is better and that the pneumonia will not postpone the treatment. I think Peter will be happier when that gets started and he feels as though he is actually doing something positive. Whew, old man winter isn't helping out at all! I can imagine the frustration in trying to make any definite plans with all of the snow storms. Hopefully the extra time is a way for Peter to rest and get stronger. Susan, sounds like you are getting stronger the hard way! Try not to break your neck doing all of your chores! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and it seems like perseverance is what it is going to take to get things moving! LOVE! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the knitting! Hope Peter feels well enough to travel on Friday. Love to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In reading the paper today, it seems as though Philadelphia did not get as much snow as D.C. and other surrounding areas. I know you don't have television, but Internet "The Weather Channel" is good, as is Stormsurge. I am praying that flights are flying on Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! To do so, choose your email server as "profile." If you have AOL. choose AIM or choose anonymous if nothing else works...but be sure to leave your name! Your comments will not show up immediately. Thanks.