Tuesday, April 17, 2012

RECOVERY WEEK 6 - TUBE COUNT DOWN!

Today the tube count went down to...ZERO!.  Eating is still a challenge sometimes, but it all seemed within to realm of normal to the PAs we saw today.  Peter was delighted that the new PA we met is a bass player. And, always good to see Scott Balderson, as we did today. 

Peter still has to heal for a couple of weeks before swimming (and even then only in pools), but it feels great to him to be tubeless for the first time in 6 weeks.  I think the psychological boost will be great.  I got him to agree to take a bike ride with me on the Tobacco Trail this week.

And...no Duke appointments next week.  I managed to get through it without throwing up today.

6 comments:

  1. No mo tubes? There's certain old appropriately-titled album I should melt down for the occasion.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! The tubes are out! I have my frying pan ready to make Peter a grilled cheese sandwich. Love, Geri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been keeping up and praying for THIS kind of recovery! Peter and Susan my heart is full and my eyes tear up knowing HOW VERY GOOD GOD IS!! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just so happy reading this! Except for a couple of steps backward, it seems that this adventure of yours has been pretty remarkable, considering the enormity of this particular surgery. So many prayers have been answered, and we need to continue on...praying that every test, every check-up brings nothing but good news.

    Love,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! To do so, choose your email server as "profile." If you have AOL. choose AIM or choose anonymous if nothing else works...but be sure to leave your name! Your comments will not show up immediately. Thanks.