Sunday, April 15, 2012

RECOVERY - Week 5, Eating

Sorry for the long delay in the follow-up here.  My own stomach distress was short-lived, so much so that I think it must have been something-I-ate rather than a bug. 

Peter started eating on the 10th and his body is re-learning the process.  His new esophagus (former stomach) has to learn the process of peristalsis, and Peter has to learn to gauge the quantity he can manage now.  The old adage of "your eyes are bigger than your stomach" has never been more true.  He is also learning that the process of digestion takes a lot of energy, and is tiring.

I got away a bit to the Co-Creation conference in Greensboro -
(http://www.servleader.org/co_creation_conference) 
where I re-connected with work a bit and got to spend time with a few of the current interns and  bunch of alumni of the program I direct (www.johnsoninternship.org).  That was renewing for me.

And, the new puppy is faring well.  More later.  Just wanted to get this down for now.  Today's job is...taxes!  Rather, it is to file our extension.  I'd decided back in February not to tackle taxes in the midst of everything else.  There's always July, right?

2 comments:

  1. Wow - what great news. Nice and easy does it, Peter... I think that's the theme for this recovery, right? Sending you both much love,
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the standard extension means you're good until October? August? This is actually the first time we got our stuff to the accountant before TAX day (April 17). Now it's his extension!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! To do so, choose your email server as "profile." If you have AOL. choose AIM or choose anonymous if nothing else works...but be sure to leave your name! Your comments will not show up immediately. Thanks.