Sunday, December 14, 2014

Touchstone

Friends and family,

You may have seen this on Facebook already, but here it is from the Herald-Sun newspaper, where it ran today, one week after Peter's death on December 7th.

TOUCHSTONE

I wrote this originally when my mother died, and it was Peter's favorite column of all that I have written over 16 years.  When I realized I had a column due two days after Peter's death I asked my editor if we could run an older one (which I've never done before), and use that to announce Peter's death.  My kind editor agreed.

I remembered this column and was thankful to find it in my files.  What I didn't remember was how much Peter factored into it.  It turned out to be the perfect gift to him today, as he has been my biggest touchstone, and always will be.

In these days following his death I am learning more about myself than I thought I could at this age (I turned 60 on Wednesday).  And Peter is calling me to my best self as he always has.

http://www.heraldsun.com/chherald/chcolumnists/x761897579/Reflecting-on-the-touchstones-of-our-lives

Very soon I will write about yesterday's gathering in his honor.



Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! To do so, choose your email server as "profile." If you have AOL. choose AIM or choose anonymous if nothing else works...but be sure to leave your name! Your comments will not show up immediately. Thanks.